Kajol Krazy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for all fans and lovers of Kajol, the brightest star of Indian cinema!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My Name Is Khan *2010*

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Kassy Maharani
Admin
Admin
Kassy Maharani

My Name Is Khan *2010* Empty
PostSubject: My Name Is Khan *2010*   My Name Is Khan *2010* EmptyTue Jul 19 2011, 23:47

My Name Is Khan *2010* Mynameiskhan
My Name Is Khan
Starring: Shahrukh Khan, Kajol
Directed By: Karan Johar
Released: February 12, 2010
Kajol's Role: Mandira Khan
Back to top Go down
http://mamaofdragons.tumblr.com
anilajaykajol
Kajol Lover
Kajol Lover
anilajaykajol

PostSubject: Re: My Name Is Khan *2010*   My Name Is Khan *2010* EmptyThu Jul 28 2011, 01:41

kajol was awesome in this movie, but i truly wished that in 2nd half we had more kajol
Back to top Go down
Kassy Maharani
Admin
Admin
Kassy Maharani

PostSubject: Re: My Name Is Khan *2010*   My Name Is Khan *2010* EmptyFri Aug 19 2011, 00:57

My Name Is Khan *2010* My-Name-Is-Khan-movie-poster

My Name Is Khan
Stars: Shahrukh Khan, Kajol
Directed by: Karan Johar
Released: 2010

Where do I start? I guess with saying this is not your average Karan Johar or SRK film for that matter. If you've seen Khabi Khushi Kabhie Gham (2001) you know that this very popular director doesn't shy away from song and dance and especially the cheesy love lines. So, assuming that you're familiar with his work, which also includes Kuch Kuch Hot Hai (1998), you would sit down to watch My Name Is Khan expecting a rather light hearted love story with some tears thrown in here and there. Well, you're partially right.

MNIK begins lighthearted and sweet, and tells the story of a young man, Rizwan Khan (Shahrukh Khan), who happens to have Asperger's Syndrome, a high functioning form of Autism. Rizwan is born and raised as a Indian Muslim and grows up with the strong idea that there are only two types of people in the world, good people who do good deeds, and bad people who do bad deeds. When he grows older and his mother dies, he moves to San Francisco to live with his brother Zakir, who has become quite successful in the business world selling beauty products. He quickly sends Rizwan to work selling them at local beauty parlors. His life changes when he walks into Karma, the workplace of single mom Mandira (Kajol). She sees past the his odd quirks - his intense hatred for yellow, his incredible intelligence, and his dislike for being touched - and becomes his friend while he falls in love with her. Because this is a Karan Johar movie, they get married and start to live happily ever after. Until the fateful day of 9/11.

Six years after the event, and after many incidents of hate against their family, the Khan's suffer the greatest loss of all - the death of Mandira's teenage son Sameer. Mandira blamed Rizwan for this and angrily tells him to go to the president and tell him that his name is Khan, and that he is not a terrorist, and that Sameer wasn't one either. So, determined to prove his love for his wife, Rizwan leaves and goes to find the president while Mandira searches for the boys who killed Sam.

That was a lot of spoilers! You're going to have to watch the movie now to see whether he does meet the president though Smile Anyway, for me, this film did wonders. I laughed and cried, sometimes simultaneously. My Name Is Khan is a movie that teaches even the most closed minded individuals that people are not always what they appear. Just because someone happens to be a Muslim, does not mean that they're a terrorist, and just because someone isn't 'normal' does not mean they are inferior or do not have feelings. MNIK is a movie for everyone to watch, whether you're American, Indian, Catholic, Muslim, Hindu, black or white.

What made this film even better was the fantastic acting. The two main characters, Rizwan and Mandira are played by what might be the most popular jodi in Bollywood history - SRKajol. They give top-notch performances and even won the Filmfare awards for Best Actor in a Leading Role Male and Best Actor in a Leading Role Female respectively. SRK makes his portrayal of an Autistic man incredibly believable without overdoing it and making it a joke. Kajol effortlessly goes from the funny, kind, accepting mother and wife to a sad, heartbroken and vengeful woman in the blink of an eye. I also believe this movie would be no where without the spectacular music. Sajda, Tere Naina and Noor-E-Khuda are personal favorites and will not soon be forgotten, just like this film.

Rating: 10/10
Back to top Go down
anilajaykajol
Kajol Lover
Kajol Lover
anilajaykajol

PostSubject: Re: My Name Is Khan *2010*   My Name Is Khan *2010* EmptyWed Aug 24 2011, 00:17

i agree the performance made this movie awesome
Back to top Go down
Kassy Maharani
Admin
Admin
Kassy Maharani

PostSubject: Re: My Name Is Khan *2010*   My Name Is Khan *2010* EmptyTue Sep 11 2012, 09:18

Memorable films based on 9/11 attacks

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

My Name Is Khan: Another film that attempted to lash out at post 9/11 prejudices and it did so quite successfully. It is the story of a Muslim autistic man - Rizwan, played by Shahrukh Khan and his Hindu wife Mandira, played by Kajol, who reside in the US. Tragedy strikes post 9/11 when Mandira’s son from her previous marriage is killed by a bunch of school bullies, just because his step father is a Muslim. Mandira blames Rizwan his religion and his surname Khan for the loss. This is when an innocent but determined Rizwan sets out on a mission to meet The US President. His aim is to tell the President that though his name is Khan, he is not a terrorist. The story captures Rizwan’s journey and how he manages to get media attention, support and is finally able to convey his message to the President. The movie is a perfect mixture of love, drama, emotion, pathos with a profound social message in it.
Back to top Go down
Kassy Maharani
Admin
Admin
Kassy Maharani

PostSubject: Re: My Name Is Khan *2010*   My Name Is Khan *2010* EmptyWed Nov 28 2012, 19:02

Story of Bollywood's highest money makers

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Next in the list Shahrukh Khan's mega blockbuster My Name Is Khan which was released in February 12, 2010. The film was directed by Karan Johar, written by Shibani Bathija and starred Shahrukh Khan and Kajol in the lead roles. It was produced by Hiroo Johar, Gauri Khan and Shahrukh Khan. The budget of the film was 38 crore whereas it repaid approx. 200 crore.
Back to top Go down
~*Safae
~*Safae

PostSubject: Re: My Name Is Khan *2010*   My Name Is Khan *2010* EmptyThu Feb 27 2014, 19:09

This is one of my favorite movies ever, the story is so touching. And the fact that I´m watching Kajol with Shah Rukh again added more sparks to it: they were extra-adorable together.

Image from the Shoot:
My Name Is Khan *2010* Tumblr_m6fz362CGF1r9bvumo1_500

One of the funniest Scenes:
My Name Is Khan *2010* Tumblr_mz96p7poQ21r9bvumo1_250 My Name Is Khan *2010* Tumblr_mz96p7poQ21r9bvumo3_250My Name Is Khan *2010* Tumblr_mz96p7poQ21r9bvumo5_250My Name Is Khan *2010* Tumblr_mz96p7poQ21r9bvumo7_250
The song, Sajda:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Name Is Khan *2010*   My Name Is Khan *2010* Empty

Back to top Go down

My Name Is Khan *2010*
Page 1 of 1