Kajol Krazy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for all fans and lovers of Kajol, the brightest star of Indian cinema!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Imran Khan

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kassy Maharani
Admin
Admin
Kassy Maharani

Imran Khan Empty
PostSubject: Imran Khan   Imran Khan EmptySat Aug 20 2011, 15:55

One of my current favorites! Very Happy

Imran Khan Tumblr_lnm6coM5EN1qcvdkdo1_400
Back to top Go down
http://mamaofdragons.tumblr.com
Kassy Maharani
Admin
Admin
Kassy Maharani

Imran Khan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Imran Khan   Imran Khan EmptySat Aug 20 2011, 15:55

Gay Icon, So What, Asks Imran Khan

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The proverbial ‘newcomer’s struggle’ was minimal for the most famous nephew in Bollywood, as maamu Aamir Khan ensured him a smooth and comfortable entry with his very first film and launch pad, produced by Aamir (Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Naa) turning into a big hit.

A series of flops and a few hits later, Imran Khan tops the list of A-grade young actors in the industry.
He was considered competition to Ranbir Kapoor who started his career around the same time. Then Delhi Belly came along and turned things around for this talented young actor.

Now he’s pinning his hopes on his latest release with Katrina Kaif. The general impression is that it’s Katrina, who is carrying the burden of the movie. Not really, says Imran. “The burden of a movie always rests on the director. The actors and the others involved just do their part but the real responsibility is that of the director.”

From the chocolate boy to the rugged Delhi boy, he has broken the stereotype. So, is the brown-eyed dude waiting for more Tashi-like roles?

He looks appalled. “Honestly, no! Delhi Belly was in a different genre altogether and not many people have the courage to make a movie like that.”

The movie had cusses aplenty and many Hmmm moments but his wife didn’t seem to mind.
Shrugs Imran, “She didn’t make it look like she had a problem. She has known me long enough and she knows what an actor’s work involves.”

Imran will also be the first movie star to be featured on the cover of a gay magazine. “I have always been a supporter of gay rights and I have absolutely no qualms about being called a gay icon.”

Imran, like his maamu, has been vocal about social issues. He spoke openly against the legal drinking age being raised to 25. Is it too soon in his career for him to get embroiled in political controversies?

He clears the air. “The issue is not political. I do not want to promote drinking alcohol, but I strongly believe that we should be given the freedom of choice.”

He supports Anna Hazare and says enthusiastically, “The revolution that Anna Hazare has started is inspiring. Though I didn’t get a chance to be a part of the protest, I wholly support the cause.”

Imran is known for his close connection with his fans. “I believe in ground-level, grassroots PR and I make it a point to interact with my fans one-on-one. I even remember their names!”

--------------------

Makes me super happy since I'm big on gay rights myself :clap:
Back to top Go down
http://mamaofdragons.tumblr.com

Imran Khan
Page 1 of 1