Kajol Krazy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for all fans and lovers of Kajol, the brightest star of Indian cinema!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Kajol News

Go down 
+2
Lalita
anilajaykajol
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Kassy Maharani
Admin
Admin
Kassy Maharani

Kajol News - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kajol News   Kajol News - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 13 2012, 23:25

Will Kajol And Aish EVER Fade Away?

http://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainmenttags/aishwarya-rai/will-kajol-and-aish-ever-fade-away

The norm of Bollywood has been that once an actress passes the age of 30, or gets married, she is out of work and expected to bid goodbye to Bollywood. It has happened to the best of them; Madhuri Dixit, Sridevi, Karisma Kapoor and all other actresses. Up till now, their was really no chance for a married actress to sustain her popularity. However, these two have broken these rules by continuing to work in the best of films with the best of co stars and the best of filmamkers and delivering hits.

Kajol is an exception as she got married to Ajay at the peak of her career. After her marriage, she worked in the blockbuster K3G for which she recieved the Filmfare Best Actress Award. Then she took another long break and came back with the blockbuster Fanaa for which won another Filmfare Best Actress Award. Then after a short break, she is back with My Name is Khan with Srk and Karan Johar. There is no denying that Kajol lives life on her own terms. The reason behind her continuing popularity? Perhaps it is because she was never known for her striking looks, dancing ability, or sex appeal. She succeeded solely on her acting prowess. People expect to see a great performance from her and thus contine to go to the theatre to go watch her. Also, she is best friends with Shah Rukh Khan and Karan Johar who are there to work with her whenever she wants.

Aishwarya Rai is another exception as she married into the Bachchan family which only added onto her star power. A very smart decision on her part. With this last name, she has not faded away unlike Rani and Preity. Plus, if your the most beautiful actress Bollywood has seen, the rules will be bent for you. After marriage, she worked in the Superhit Jodhaa Akbar. Now she is working with Akshay, Hrithik, Sanjay Leela Bhansali, Vipul Shah, and others at the age of 36.

Both Kajol and Aish have surprised the indstry by sustaining such long and successfull careers even after marraige and motherhood. The audiences just DONT get tired of these two actresses.

SO, do you think these two actresses will EVER fade away?
Back to top Go down
http://mamaofdragons.tumblr.com
kajol_lover
Kajol Fan
Kajol Fan

PostSubject: Re: Kajol News   Kajol News - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 14 2012, 13:43

inshallah kajol will never fade away
Back to top Go down
Kassy Maharani
Admin
Admin
Kassy Maharani

PostSubject: Re: Kajol News   Kajol News - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 14 2012, 18:17

Rani Mukerji Won't Marry An Actor

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/bollywood/news-interviews/Rani-Mukerji-wont-marry-an-actor/articleshow/11488040.cms

Acting wasn't a passion for Rani Mukerji, when she burst on to the Indian screens in 1997. It was a job she had taken up as anyone does after college when given her first job. She took this job very seriously because she did not want to let her parents down.

She also took it up because she wanted to pull her family out of one of the rockiest patches - financially and emotionally - ever. Fifteen years hence and innumerable awards and accolades later, her life looks like a fairy tale or a Bollywood script that could not have been written any better. In an industry where the shelf life of an actress is getting shorter by the month - even as actors rule the roost for two decades or more - Rani has seen her fair share of ups and downs that have taught her valuable lessons. In the last few years, she has faltered in terms of choice of films. But one thing that she hasn't forgotten is to do her job well, i.e. to act. She takes it up as seriously as she did during the mahurat shot of "Raja Ki Aayegi Baraat" as a 16-year-old.

But today, there's more passion than ever, and a mastery of her craft that compels you to appreciate her skills as an actress, even if you aren't her die-hard fan. After the success of "No One Killed Jessica" early last year, she is awaiting her next two releases this year - the Reema Kagti-directed thriller "Talaash", with Aamir Khan and Kareena Kapoor and Anurag Kashyap's quirky comedy "Aiyya" directed by National Award winning director Sachin Kundalkar. We ask the 'Queen of Bollywood' about the journey during which her job turned into her passion, the girl Rani morphed into the woman who rules hearts and, of course, a certain someone she "is dating".

What are you doing these days?
I've just returned from Lonavala where I was shooting for "Aiyya". A few songs are left.

Has the industry changed since you joined films?
Immensely. Today, the first look of the film is almost as important as the film itself. I'm eagerly waiting for the promos of "Talaash", which are to hit the screens soon. It's going to be released in June. The fact that I'm doing two films that are as different as they can be, in the same year, speaks volumes about how times have changed. It's a far bigger, more diverse than ever industry that's gone global in terms of its scope in every possible way.

Did you always want to become an actress?
Arre, my joining films is a poori filmi kahaani. Though I technically come from a film family, my father had stopped making films even before my brother and I were born. So I did not really grow up in a filmi environment. And when I was growing up, becoming an actress was still quite a taboo. And you may not believe this but even my father did not want me to join films. Salim (Akhtar) uncle, who was very close to my family, came with the offer of "Aa Gale Lag Jaa" in 1994, but my father was aghast and turned it down. In the meantime, I joined college (SNDT, Juhu) pursuing Home Science. Those days, the 'in thing' that most girls were going after as a career choice was jewelery and interior designing. I did not have the money to pursue a `3 lakh course to make a career. And then Salim uncle came back again. I think he must have been pretty desperate to launch a new actress. This time, he managed to convince my parents.

How did he manage that?
(Laughs) When Salim uncle came to me and said he wanted me to act in his film, I started crying. I thought he was making a pass at me...

Why on earth...?
Because I was daft. And the fact that in those days, acting was still considered a taboo for the girls in my family. My mom's side was okay with it, as my aunt (Bengali actress Debashree Roy) is an actress. In fact, she had kept it from me till then, but she was seriously harboring dreams of me becoming an actress. My father was still adamant about me not joining films. But by that time my second cousins, Kajol and Sharbani, had entered films. And that sort of paved the way for me. My mother and father still fought over it for quite a few days before he finally agreed to give me at least one shot at it - of course, with the strict clause that my mom will accompany me everywhere.

And you? Did you know anything about acting by then?
I wish I could show you the recording of my first screen test. You will literally sprint away from the room thinking 'who is this horrible actress?'

What was so bad?
Those days, I used to be quite chubby. And Salim uncle, who had done "Baazi" with Mamta Kulkarni a few years ago, fished those shorter-than-short and tighter-than-tight clothes that looked completely hideous on me. And to top that, I had to act! I was a shy kid with inhibitions galore. It was some courtroom scene and when someone gave me the sheet with dialogues, I was dumbfounded. I saw all these famous dialogues from famous films which I had to say in front of the camera. My understanding of films was just as much as any young girl who watches Bollywood films. I had no idea about the whole process of filmmaking, about dialogue writing, scripts, screenplay etc. I had probably gone to two or three film shoots in my childhood. And even when on a shoot as a young girl, I would find actors just giving their shots and sitting in their vans getting bored in-between shots. So when the whole picture opened up in front of me about the reality of becoming an actress, I was petrified. And my screen test was a disaster. I came back crying and said 'I would not be able to do this - anything but acting!

Then?
But Salim uncle came back and said I had a photogenic face and the camera captured me quite well, which is very important for any actor. That was one glimmer of hope in my otherwise nightmarish experience. My mother sat me down that night and told me, 'Opportunity knocks at your door just once, take it up. What's the worst that could happen? You'll fail at your effort? We are there after that. But at least you'd know you have tried, and won't regret leaving this golden opportunity'.

And though it was never told to me, but I knew my family was going through a financial crisis. And there was also tension in the family because of a lot of bickering between my father and his brothers. I decided that I would work very hard (there was a month left for the shoot of "Raja Ki...") and give myself one good shot, even if it did not work out in the end. I took it up as a job that just had to be done.

What happened in that one month for you to give that spirited performance?
My father took me to join Roshan Taneja's acting classes. Mr Taneja had two courses, one was a year-long one and the other a three-month one. I had to learn all the acting I could in one month. I told Mr Taneja I would come in the morning and evening for a month and be a dedicated student. On the very first day, my dad said to him, 'Please teach my daughter how to act'. Mr Taneja said, 'Acting isn't a tablet. You can't pop it and become an actress. It has to come from within you. It's either deep within you or it's not there'. His statement stayed with me for a long time. It was my first lesson. But in the classes, I did not know where to start. Thankfully, one good thing was the improvisation classes - where we all had to face the camera and say whatever came to our mind and enact a scene. It sort of broke through my shy exterior. In any acting class, there are always a lot of faces looking at you from all corners and that's done on purpose so that the person drops all his/her inhibitions.

On the day of the mahurat, when I was called to give my first shot, I thought, 'yaar, I can't let my parents down. I just have to give it my best'. And then, when I walked into the shot, I was this confident, fiery ball of energy, spouting dialogues like I had never imagined I would. I haven't looked back since that day.

And how did this job eventually become your passion?
That happened later when I started getting fan mails. I was doing a lot of films. But my fans kept on writing that they were not happy with me. So I wondered 'Arre, I am working 72 hours at a stretch, not eating right, not getting enough sleep, giving my best to each shot, so what was going wrong?' Then I realized that after "Ghulam" and "Kuch Kuch Hota Hain", my fans' expectations of me were higher than my own. That's when I learnt my second lesson - that it's not just performing, I also had to know good scripts from the not-so-good ones. I started getting more involved in the whole process; understanding films beyond just acting. During this whole process, acting became my passion.

Coming back to the present, what went wrong in the last couple of years before "No One Killed Jessica" last year? You had some consecutive flops after a spate of hits, and suddenly you just vanished...
(Snaps her fingers and says with a smile) Don't worry, from this year, you'll see me in two films every year at least. Coming back to your question, I had seen failures before but when those three films ("Laaga Chunri Mein Daag", "Thoda Pyaar, Thoda Magic" and "Dil Bole Hadippa") failed in quick succession, it affected me in a way no flop had before. My confidence was completely shattered. All my movies failed to make a mark with audiences and critics alike.

Maybe the critics thought 'we've praised her enough, now it's time for her to fall a bit hard, so she steps her game up' (smiles). I also think I was plain unlucky. The audience has little memory of what you have done before or are capable of doing. What matters is today. So three flops probably told them 'Rani has worked so well in the last few years, maybe it's time she took a back seat and settled down'.

And are you settling down?
(Smile that says read-my-expression-if-you-can) When I plan to settle down, I will announce it to the world. Marriage is an occasion to celebrate. I'll celebrate it when it happens, letting everyone know about it.

What about the rumors of your relationship with Aditya Chopra?
I have been linked with so many of my co-stars and this Aditya rumor has stayed with me for the longest time. This time, I'm going to give you the cliched answer no journalist wants to hear, 'No comments'.

Are you dating someone?
Yes, I am dating, but that's as far as I'm willing to talk about my personal life.
Your fans want to know about your personal life? They want to know if marriage is on the cards.
They will know when the time comes. Right now, I have two movies coming out and that's what I'm going to talk about.

Are you saying nothing is serious as far as your dating goes?
In a relationship, there are two people involved. Since I'm a public figure, if I start answering questions, it'll open doors for more questions, speculations, gossips, and then it comes to a point where every day someone has something to say about your personal life. It's unfair to the other person. I do not mind a bitchy comment about the way I dress or my films, but a comment on my private space isn't welcome.

Are you a romantic?
I'm a born romantic. I romanticize everything in life. My personal life is full of love and romance. God's given us one life. You should romance it. It's not always nice and cool to be practical and logical.

What have your relationships/ heartbreaks taught you?
I haven't been in a lot of relationships. Heartbreak definitely teaches you to be a better actor. Don't they say, an artiste always performs better when he or she has experienced heartbreak? (Laughs) That was a joke. I don't give that much importance to men. All my heartbreaks have been because of close friends, and not men.

Seriously?
(On a serious note) Heartbreak, anger, frustration - if you can overcome these emotions, you become a better person. If you're a person of substance, you'll overcome your bad times. Who wants to be a loser?

Will you marry an actor?
No, two megalomaniacs can't exist in the same house. We'll end up killing each other.

What's the best thing about being in a relationship?
(Enigmatic smile) That you can hide it. And the best part of getting married is that you can announce it to the world.

What about the fact that today the shelf life of actresses is low? Would you ever decide to do an item number or attend red carpet events as visibility is important these days?
No. Because for me, it's important to cement an impression of my work. Acting is what I do best. It's not difficult to be in the public eye. Go anywhere and you'll find the media. I am not trying to sound high and mighty here. If I was being launched today, I would do exactly what newcomers do these days. But after 15 years in the course of which I have firmly established my credentials as an actress, I plan to only focus on acting. But if friends call me, I'll be there. Like I went to Farah's (Khan) house-warming party recently. Aamir (Khan) and Kiran (Rao) had a son and going there was important for me because he is someone who is very dear to me. As are Shah Rukh Khan and Karan (Johar).

Have you spoken to Abhishek after he became a father?
We aren't in touch on the phone, but whenever I come across him, I will definitely congratulate him. It's great news.

What did that low phase in your life teach you?
When I was joining films, my dad had told me, 'Don't ever be disheartened with failure and don't be over-excited with success'. This is an important lesson in any actor's life.

But can you really separate your emotions as professional and personal in your mind? Hurt is hurt, disappointment is disappointment...
That's where your family and your strength as an individual come in. I am very close to my family. And I have other interests, like baking. I started baking in one of my very low phases in life. I find it therapeutic.

So, would we see a Rani Mukerji patisserie soon?
You could. I'm serious about going to Paris or Chicago for a fulltime patisserie course.

Any other venture in mind? A lot of actresses are starting their own fashion lines. Or maybe even film production...

No. The only thing I will be producing next is babies. No other production happening with me.

Is there a lot of bitching/backbiting in the industry?

There is, but that's true of any industry where over-competitive minds are always at work. But it is blown out of proportion in ours because it's the glamor industry.

Have you been at the receiving end of bitching?
People say bitchy things about other people to feel good about themselves. Whatever I have got in life has been a huge blessing. I've never gone after something that's not mine. Today, I am sitting at my office in Juhu, overlooking the sea. I used to live in a shack before. I used to travel in rickshaws. Today, I have a Mercedes. But if I start thinking, 'I have a bungalow, why not a building in Bandra tomorrow? Or now, I have a car, why not a yacht next?' my life will be difficult. My mind doesn't work that way. The only ambition I have is to pick up interesting scripts and give a stellar performance that'll be etched in the audiences' and my fans' minds.
Back to top Go down
Kassy Maharani
Admin
Admin
Kassy Maharani

PostSubject: Re: Kajol News   Kajol News - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 14 2012, 18:17

Rani Mukerji Won't Marry An Actor

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/bollywood/news-interviews/Rani-Mukerji-wont-marry-an-actor/articleshow/11488040.cms

Acting wasn't a passion for Rani Mukerji, when she burst on to the Indian screens in 1997. It was a job she had taken up as anyone does after college when given her first job. She took this job very seriously because she did not want to let her parents down.

She also took it up because she wanted to pull her family out of one of the rockiest patches - financially and emotionally - ever. Fifteen years hence and innumerable awards and accolades later, her life looks like a fairy tale or a Bollywood script that could not have been written any better. In an industry where the shelf life of an actress is getting shorter by the month - even as actors rule the roost for two decades or more - Rani has seen her fair share of ups and downs that have taught her valuable lessons. In the last few years, she has faltered in terms of choice of films. But one thing that she hasn't forgotten is to do her job well, i.e. to act. She takes it up as seriously as she did during the mahurat shot of "Raja Ki Aayegi Baraat" as a 16-year-old.

But today, there's more passion than ever, and a mastery of her craft that compels you to appreciate her skills as an actress, even if you aren't her die-hard fan. After the success of "No One Killed Jessica" early last year, she is awaiting her next two releases this year - the Reema Kagti-directed thriller "Talaash", with Aamir Khan and Kareena Kapoor and Anurag Kashyap's quirky comedy "Aiyya" directed by National Award winning director Sachin Kundalkar. We ask the 'Queen of Bollywood' about the journey during which her job turned into her passion, the girl Rani morphed into the woman who rules hearts and, of course, a certain someone she "is dating".

What are you doing these days?
I've just returned from Lonavala where I was shooting for "Aiyya". A few songs are left.

Has the industry changed since you joined films?
Immensely. Today, the first look of the film is almost as important as the film itself. I'm eagerly waiting for the promos of "Talaash", which are to hit the screens soon. It's going to be released in June. The fact that I'm doing two films that are as different as they can be, in the same year, speaks volumes about how times have changed. It's a far bigger, more diverse than ever industry that's gone global in terms of its scope in every possible way.

Did you always want to become an actress?
Arre, my joining films is a poori filmi kahaani. Though I technically come from a film family, my father had stopped making films even before my brother and I were born. So I did not really grow up in a filmi environment. And when I was growing up, becoming an actress was still quite a taboo. And you may not believe this but even my father did not want me to join films. Salim (Akhtar) uncle, who was very close to my family, came with the offer of "Aa Gale Lag Jaa" in 1994, but my father was aghast and turned it down. In the meantime, I joined college (SNDT, Juhu) pursuing Home Science. Those days, the 'in thing' that most girls were going after as a career choice was jewelery and interior designing. I did not have the money to pursue a `3 lakh course to make a career. And then Salim uncle came back again. I think he must have been pretty desperate to launch a new actress. This time, he managed to convince my parents.

How did he manage that?
(Laughs) When Salim uncle came to me and said he wanted me to act in his film, I started crying. I thought he was making a pass at me...

Why on earth...?
Because I was daft. And the fact that in those days, acting was still considered a taboo for the girls in my family. My mom's side was okay with it, as my aunt (Bengali actress Debashree Roy) is an actress. In fact, she had kept it from me till then, but she was seriously harboring dreams of me becoming an actress. My father was still adamant about me not joining films. But by that time my second cousins, Kajol and Sharbani, had entered films. And that sort of paved the way for me. My mother and father still fought over it for quite a few days before he finally agreed to give me at least one shot at it - of course, with the strict clause that my mom will accompany me everywhere.

And you? Did you know anything about acting by then?
I wish I could show you the recording of my first screen test. You will literally sprint away from the room thinking 'who is this horrible actress?'

What was so bad?
Those days, I used to be quite chubby. And Salim uncle, who had done "Baazi" with Mamta Kulkarni a few years ago, fished those shorter-than-short and tighter-than-tight clothes that looked completely hideous on me. And to top that, I had to act! I was a shy kid with inhibitions galore. It was some courtroom scene and when someone gave me the sheet with dialogues, I was dumbfounded. I saw all these famous dialogues from famous films which I had to say in front of the camera. My understanding of films was just as much as any young girl who watches Bollywood films. I had no idea about the whole process of filmmaking, about dialogue writing, scripts, screenplay etc. I had probably gone to two or three film shoots in my childhood. And even when on a shoot as a young girl, I would find actors just giving their shots and sitting in their vans getting bored in-between shots. So when the whole picture opened up in front of me about the reality of becoming an actress, I was petrified. And my screen test was a disaster. I came back crying and said 'I would not be able to do this - anything but acting!

Then?
But Salim uncle came back and said I had a photogenic face and the camera captured me quite well, which is very important for any actor. That was one glimmer of hope in my otherwise nightmarish experience. My mother sat me down that night and told me, 'Opportunity knocks at your door just once, take it up. What's the worst that could happen? You'll fail at your effort? We are there after that. But at least you'd know you have tried, and won't regret leaving this golden opportunity'.

And though it was never told to me, but I knew my family was going through a financial crisis. And there was also tension in the family because of a lot of bickering between my father and his brothers. I decided that I would work very hard (there was a month left for the shoot of "Raja Ki...") and give myself one good shot, even if it did not work out in the end. I took it up as a job that just had to be done.

What happened in that one month for you to give that spirited performance?
My father took me to join Roshan Taneja's acting classes. Mr Taneja had two courses, one was a year-long one and the other a three-month one. I had to learn all the acting I could in one month. I told Mr Taneja I would come in the morning and evening for a month and be a dedicated student. On the very first day, my dad said to him, 'Please teach my daughter how to act'. Mr Taneja said, 'Acting isn't a tablet. You can't pop it and become an actress. It has to come from within you. It's either deep within you or it's not there'. His statement stayed with me for a long time. It was my first lesson. But in the classes, I did not know where to start. Thankfully, one good thing was the improvisation classes - where we all had to face the camera and say whatever came to our mind and enact a scene. It sort of broke through my shy exterior. In any acting class, there are always a lot of faces looking at you from all corners and that's done on purpose so that the person drops all his/her inhibitions.

On the day of the mahurat, when I was called to give my first shot, I thought, 'yaar, I can't let my parents down. I just have to give it my best'. And then, when I walked into the shot, I was this confident, fiery ball of energy, spouting dialogues like I had never imagined I would. I haven't looked back since that day.

And how did this job eventually become your passion?
That happened later when I started getting fan mails. I was doing a lot of films. But my fans kept on writing that they were not happy with me. So I wondered 'Arre, I am working 72 hours at a stretch, not eating right, not getting enough sleep, giving my best to each shot, so what was going wrong?' Then I realized that after "Ghulam" and "Kuch Kuch Hota Hain", my fans' expectations of me were higher than my own. That's when I learnt my second lesson - that it's not just performing, I also had to know good scripts from the not-so-good ones. I started getting more involved in the whole process; understanding films beyond just acting. During this whole process, acting became my passion.

Coming back to the present, what went wrong in the last couple of years before "No One Killed Jessica" last year? You had some consecutive flops after a spate of hits, and suddenly you just vanished...
(Snaps her fingers and says with a smile) Don't worry, from this year, you'll see me in two films every year at least. Coming back to your question, I had seen failures before but when those three films ("Laaga Chunri Mein Daag", "Thoda Pyaar, Thoda Magic" and "Dil Bole Hadippa") failed in quick succession, it affected me in a way no flop had before. My confidence was completely shattered. All my movies failed to make a mark with audiences and critics alike.

Maybe the critics thought 'we've praised her enough, now it's time for her to fall a bit hard, so she steps her game up' (smiles). I also think I was plain unlucky. The audience has little memory of what you have done before or are capable of doing. What matters is today. So three flops probably told them 'Rani has worked so well in the last few years, maybe it's time she took a back seat and settled down'.

And are you settling down?
(Smile that says read-my-expression-if-you-can) When I plan to settle down, I will announce it to the world. Marriage is an occasion to celebrate. I'll celebrate it when it happens, letting everyone know about it.

What about the rumors of your relationship with Aditya Chopra?
I have been linked with so many of my co-stars and this Aditya rumor has stayed with me for the longest time. This time, I'm going to give you the cliched answer no journalist wants to hear, 'No comments'.

Are you dating someone?
Yes, I am dating, but that's as far as I'm willing to talk about my personal life.
Your fans want to know about your personal life? They want to know if marriage is on the cards.
They will know when the time comes. Right now, I have two movies coming out and that's what I'm going to talk about.

Are you saying nothing is serious as far as your dating goes?
In a relationship, there are two people involved. Since I'm a public figure, if I start answering questions, it'll open doors for more questions, speculations, gossips, and then it comes to a point where every day someone has something to say about your personal life. It's unfair to the other person. I do not mind a bitchy comment about the way I dress or my films, but a comment on my private space isn't welcome.

Are you a romantic?
I'm a born romantic. I romanticize everything in life. My personal life is full of love and romance. God's given us one life. You should romance it. It's not always nice and cool to be practical and logical.

What have your relationships/ heartbreaks taught you?
I haven't been in a lot of relationships. Heartbreak definitely teaches you to be a better actor. Don't they say, an artiste always performs better when he or she has experienced heartbreak? (Laughs) That was a joke. I don't give that much importance to men. All my heartbreaks have been because of close friends, and not men.

Seriously?
(On a serious note) Heartbreak, anger, frustration - if you can overcome these emotions, you become a better person. If you're a person of substance, you'll overcome your bad times. Who wants to be a loser?

Will you marry an actor?
No, two megalomaniacs can't exist in the same house. We'll end up killing each other.

What's the best thing about being in a relationship?
(Enigmatic smile) That you can hide it. And the best part of getting married is that you can announce it to the world.

What about the fact that today the shelf life of actresses is low? Would you ever decide to do an item number or attend red carpet events as visibility is important these days?
No. Because for me, it's important to cement an impression of my work. Acting is what I do best. It's not difficult to be in the public eye. Go anywhere and you'll find the media. I am not trying to sound high and mighty here. If I was being launched today, I would do exactly what newcomers do these days. But after 15 years in the course of which I have firmly established my credentials as an actress, I plan to only focus on acting. But if friends call me, I'll be there. Like I went to Farah's (Khan) house-warming party recently. Aamir (Khan) and Kiran (Rao) had a son and going there was important for me because he is someone who is very dear to me. As are Shah Rukh Khan and Karan (Johar).

Have you spoken to Abhishek after he became a father?
We aren't in touch on the phone, but whenever I come across him, I will definitely congratulate him. It's great news.

What did that low phase in your life teach you?
When I was joining films, my dad had told me, 'Don't ever be disheartened with failure and don't be over-excited with success'. This is an important lesson in any actor's life.

But can you really separate your emotions as professional and personal in your mind? Hurt is hurt, disappointment is disappointment...
That's where your family and your strength as an individual come in. I am very close to my family. And I have other interests, like baking. I started baking in one of my very low phases in life. I find it therapeutic.

So, would we see a Rani Mukerji patisserie soon?
You could. I'm serious about going to Paris or Chicago for a fulltime patisserie course.

Any other venture in mind? A lot of actresses are starting their own fashion lines. Or maybe even film production...

No. The only thing I will be producing next is babies. No other production happening with me.

Is there a lot of bitching/backbiting in the industry?

There is, but that's true of any industry where over-competitive minds are always at work. But it is blown out of proportion in ours because it's the glamor industry.

Have you been at the receiving end of bitching?
People say bitchy things about other people to feel good about themselves. Whatever I have got in life has been a huge blessing. I've never gone after something that's not mine. Today, I am sitting at my office in Juhu, overlooking the sea. I used to live in a shack before. I used to travel in rickshaws. Today, I have a Mercedes. But if I start thinking, 'I have a bungalow, why not a building in Bandra tomorrow? Or now, I have a car, why not a yacht next?' my life will be difficult. My mind doesn't work that way. The only ambition I have is to pick up interesting scripts and give a stellar performance that'll be etched in the audiences' and my fans' minds.
Back to top Go down
Kassy Maharani
Admin
Admin
Kassy Maharani

PostSubject: Re: Kajol News   Kajol News - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 14 2012, 18:18

Ajay Shah Rukh: Will The Friendship Last?

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/bollywood/news-interviews/Ajay-Shah-Rukh-will-the-friendship-last/articleshow/11485406.cms

Ajay Devgn and Shah Rukh Khan had a bitter fallout before Rakesh Roshan's Karan Arjun. The film was originally meant to be made with these two actors. However rumours are that SRK favoured Salman and reportedly left Ajay out in the lurch.

Post that these two actors weren't even cordial with each other. Of course Kajol, who is one of SRK's most favourite heroines and the wife of Ajay did ultimately get these two to become civil.

In recent times even Gauri Khan reached out to Ajay and the differences between the two actors slowly dissolved.

A source says, ``Both SRK and Ajay have a common weight trainer and they had started to enjoy a fairly healthy equation.''

Now we hear that on January 7 when Rahul Rawail's son got engaged, several big guns were present.

Even Yash Chopra, the Bollywood doyen came to wish the young Bharat Rawail who works for YRF and is Aditya Chopra's blue eyed boy.

Sorry to digress; but the point is that at this ceremony one heard that certain people who are in Ajay's camp were overheard saying that Yash Chopra shouldn't release his SRK-Katrina Kaif movie on Diwali. Says an insider, ``One of the guys who is close to Ajay said--`Yashji shouldn't clash with Son of Sardar. Our film is a kick-ass entertainer and it is likely to squash the competition.''

While neither Ajay nor SRK have made a direct comment on this famous Diwali clash as yet, such talks from their individual camps may fracture their new friendship.
Back to top Go down
Kassy Maharani
Admin
Admin
Kassy Maharani

Room At The Top

http://www.thehindu.com/arts/cinema/article2801087.ece

Why is it that we have a paucity of acting talent at the top? Is it because the industry prefers to restrict women to glamorous roles?

Thank God for Vidya Balan and “The Dirty Picture”. And that the movie has pushed her into the Rs. 100 crore league, alongside Katrina Kaif, Kareena Kapoor and Priyanka Chopra. Heaven knows we could do with more actresses up there. Hindi cinema is perilously short of women who can hunker down and act as opposed to those who dress the part, look sexy, learn their lines and try somewhat sincerely but not too successfully.

Pick the biggies of 2011 and you'll find that most directors don't seem to be able to look beyond the four girls we talked about. One of whom can go from exquisite to disastrous, another who is always competent but never great, a third whose acting skills are best left unanalysed, and a fourth who is usually good, sometimes great. I leave you to figure that one out.

With Rani Mukerji short of too many offers, Aishwarya Rai and Kajol easing off with their respective babies, and Madhuri Dixit's comeback bid skidding, all we have at the very top today are four big-leaguers. Not enough to last a count on one hand or fill up the roles in major projects.

Consider: Of the 10 top grossers of the year — “Bodyguard”, “Ra.One”, “Ready”, “Singham”, “Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara”, “Don 2”, “The Dirty Picture”, “Mere Brother Ki Dulhan”, “Rockstar” and “Yamla Pagla Deewana” — Kareena has two, so has Katrina, Priyanka has one (unexpectedly for her and us, “7 Khoon Maaf” bombed or she'd have had two as well) and Vidya Balan has one. So four actresses have pocketed seven of the top 10 grossers.

Which leaves the other three films for Asin (whose career hasn't quite hit the high spots in Bollywood), Kajal Iyer and Nargis Fakhri (both debutantes in films clearly built around the hero).

You could try to flip this argument on its head and say, all those films were hits because they had these actresses, but let's get real — the only girl that would apply to would be Vidya Balan in “The Dirty Picture” and to a far lesser degree, Katrina Kaif in “Mere Brother Ki Dulhan”. The other films rode predominately on their heroes.

What's worse is that the top four actresses also double as item girls or do cameos in pretty much the same lot of films. For instance, “Bodyguard” had Kareena in the lead with Katrina doing an item number there. The soon-to-release “Agneepath” has Priyanka Chopra in the lead role, with Katrina Kaif doing an item number there as well. “Ra.One” featured Kareena Kapoor in the lead role with Priyanka Chopra doing a cameo in the beginning of the film. Which was revenge or a reversal of sorts since the first “Don” had Priyanka in the lead, with Kareena doing a cameo and an item number. It's like one of those toy trains that keeps going round and round on the same set path.

What's even worse, the second rung of female stars, which features Deepika Padukone, Bipasha Basu, Sonam Kapoor, Sonakshi Sinha and Kangna Ranaut, can't boast of a single truly good actress. Unless it is Kangna Ranaut on past performance, since it certainly cannot be on current form; the actress who started off so promisingly seems to have lost her way in a haze of makeup and tacky onscreen glamour. The others are all beautiful, sexy, professional — but can you see any of them shoulder an ambitious role? Can you visualise any of them in “Chandni Bar”, “Omkara”, “Lajja”, “Devdas”, “Jodhaa Akbar” or “Fashion”? They are the glam gals, and sure, we'd like a bit of that as well, but what about some serious acting, please?

What this effectively means is that if a director has a strong role for a woman, his choices are pretty limited right now. Even less than four. Because Katrina Kaif has an incredible screen presence but all her hard work has yet to make a real actress of her. So what does a film-maker do? Compromise or wait for Kareena, Priyanka and Vidya to finish their projects on hand, or for Kajol and Aishwarya to take time off motherhood.

It's not that we are short of good actresses. Look at Konkona Sharma — she has some great performances in commercial hits — “Wake up Sid”, “Omkara”, “Page 3” — but how many producers would stake a big-budget film on her? (In any case, she's another who is currently lying low after having a baby.) Or take Kalki Koechlin or Chitrangada Singh. Of course, there's plenty to pick from in the older actresses: the redoubtable Shabana Azmi, Sridevi, Tabu, Deepti Naval, Dimple Kapadia. But these are actresses, not stars; they don't have that indefinable quality that can help bring in Rs. 100 crore at the box-office.

The question is: Is this perilous paucity at the top the cause or the effect? Is it the reason so few good roles are written for women? Or is it the other way around: is it because heroines are escorted politely to the Glamour department that we are getting wave upon wave of PYTS who wear the right clothes, learn the right makeup, work out faithfully to stay in shape and work hard on their ‘look' for the movie (all heart-warming attributes) but act so badly that they need to do all of the above to stay in the running?

It is the latter. One of the industry's favourite excuses is that heroes sell movies, heroines don't. Which is true to some extent, it has to be admitted. No female star of today commands the kind of unquestioning loyalty that the three Khans inspire. No female star can shoulder a film the way a Madhuri Dixit, Hema Malini or Sridevi could in their heyday. Wait, correction: few producers are willing to stake a big film — one with a budget of Rs. 60 crore and more — on an actress. “The Dirty Picture” may be close to Rs. 100 crore in revenue now, but was a strictly medium-budget film.

As for next year, brace yourself — you are going to see Priyanka in two biggies (“Agneepath”, “Barfee”), Katrina in two as well (“Ek Tha Tiger” and “Dostana 2”) and Kareena in no less than five major movies — “Ek Main Aur Ekk Tu” (with Imran Khan), “Talaash” (with Aamir Khan and Rani Mukerji), “Heroine” (with Arjun Rampal) and “Bol Bachchan” (with Ajay Devgn and Abhishek Bachchan) and the much-delayed “Agent Vinod” (with Saif Ali Khan). Surely that can't be good for anyone, not even Kareena in the long-term. Oh well, that's the price directors and we, the audience, will have to pay for the vacuum at the top.
Back to top Go down
Kassy Maharani
Admin
Admin
Kassy Maharani

What's Wrong With Working With Friends?

http://www.asianage.com/age-sunday/what-s-wrong-working-friends-593

Karan Johar, the man originally known for candyfloss love stories and family sagas, reinvented himself with My Name Is Khan, from there he has gone from strength to strength. “That wasn’t to change the general perception, I wanted to challenge myself as a filmmaker,” says Karan. However, he does admit that romance is what appeals to him as a genre. Currently, the man is in the news for his two ventures as a producer: Ek Main Aur Ekk Tu and Agneepath.

Ek Main… is a rom-com that has got a lot of attention from the younger generation. “As a filmmaker, I understand that different films cater to different sections of people. EMAET is catering to the urbane Indian youth.”
When it’s not his films, it’s accusations of favouritism that keep Karan in the news. The buzz is that Imran Khan is the latest entrant in the KJo camp. “Honestly, I’ve stopped reacting to this accusation. I want to work with actors who suit the role. Another criterion is that we should be comfortable with each other. What’s wrong with working with friends?” he asks.
Recently, the director-cum-producer had made a statement about Kareena Kapoor being the first choice for the films being made under the Dharma Productions banner. Not so long ago, he felt the same about his other favourite actress, Kajol. “Kareena is a lovely girl. She is family, so it makes it easy for us to work together. Also I feel that she is one actress who has the ability to mould herself into any character. I see tremendous growth in Kareena with every film she does.”
Karan’s conviction and faith in his work and his team is the reason for his success. After launching directors like Nikhil Advani and Tarun Mansukhani, it’s now Shakun Batra who Karan has placed his money on.
“He is someone to watch out for. I’ve complete confidence in his skills. Shakun’s young and his work reflects contemporary ideas.” Well, Karan certainly has a lot to look forward to this year. Here’s hoping he has a great one!
Back to top Go down
kajol_lover
Kajol Fan
Kajol Fan

PostSubject: Re: Kajol News   Kajol News - Page 5 EmptyMon Jan 16 2012, 14:20

i agree whats wrong if the team works then they should work together, but next time if karan signs kajol i hope he gives her longer role than what he gave her in mnik
Back to top Go down
Kassy Maharani
Admin
Admin
Kassy Maharani

PostSubject: Re: Kajol News   Kajol News - Page 5 EmptyMon Jan 16 2012, 17:22

I agree. If she's really his good luck charm he needs to truly use her. I want her to have a different, challenging role too.
Back to top Go down
kajol_lover
Kajol Fan
Kajol Fan

PostSubject: Re: Kajol News   Kajol News - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 18 2012, 16:15

yes something that kajol didn't try before
Back to top Go down
Gaja Gamini
Kajol Obsessed
Kajol Obsessed
Gaja Gamini

PostSubject: Re: Kajol News   Kajol News - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 20 2012, 07:00

Kajol in no hurry to do films
http://entertainment.oneindia.in/bollywood/features/2012/kajol-not-hurry-do-films-await-right-offer-200112.html

Bollywood divas Madhuri Dixit, Karisma Kapoor and Raveena Tandon, who were on sabbatical after marriage, are now making a comeback on big screen. But actress Kajol, who took a break from films for her second child, is in no hurry to do films. The B-Town star says that she is awaiting the right kind of offer.

In 2001, Kajol took a sabbatical from work for five years, but she made a successful comeback in 2006 with Kunal Kohli's Fanaa opposite Aamir Khan. Thereafter, she did special appearances in several films like Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna, Om Shanti Om and Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi.

Then she was seen opposite husband Ajay Devgn in U, Me Aur Hum, which bombed at the box office. However in 2010, Kajol had three releases We are Family, Toonpur Ka Superhero and the major hit My Name is Khan, where she was cast opposite Shahrukh Khan after nine years.

On whether she will be doing films again, Kajol said, "I hope so, when the time comes...when the right offer comes along.. not before that." So, is there anything in the pipeline ?? "Nothing right now."
Back to top Go down
Kassy Maharani
Admin
Admin
Kassy Maharani

PostSubject: Re: Kajol News   Kajol News - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 27 2012, 16:40

Kajol Is Busy With The Babies

http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2012-01-26/news-interviews/30663514_1_kajol-yug-film-career

For those wondering when Kajol will resume her film career post the birth of her son Yug, here's some news.

A source close to the actress tells us that she may take another year before signing a film again. The source informs, "Kajol has been shooting for endorsements for some time.

It's just films that she's taking her time deciding on. Kajol will definitely get back to films, but in her own time. Right now she's enjoying being with her children and watching Yug grow. Kajol is in no hurry to resume her film career right now."
Back to top Go down
Kassy Maharani
Admin
Admin
Kassy Maharani

PostSubject: Re: Kajol News   Kajol News - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 27 2012, 16:42

Kajol On Item Numbers: Don't Know If I Can Dance So Well

http://ibnlive.in.com/generalnewsfeed/news/kajol-on-item-numbers-dont-know-if-i-can-dance-so-well/953662.html

Mumbai, Jan 21 (PTI) Bollywood actress Kajol loves to see her contemporaries perform item songs on screen but is skeptical if she can pull off one. "I love to see item songs. I don’t know whether I would be good or not (mein achi rahugi ya nahi). I don't know if I can dance so well," the actress said on whether she will attempt an item number. Almost all top heroines including Kareena (Chamak Challo--Ra.One), Katrina (Sheila Ki Jawani--Tees Maar Khan) and Bipasha (Beedi Jalike--Omkara) have gyrated to item numbers. Even Aishwarya Rai turned on the heat with 'Kajra Re' in Bunty Aur Babli. But Kajol, who personally likes Malaika Arora's ‘Munni Badnam Hui’ and Katrina's 'Chikni Chameli' is one such actress who has stayed away from item songs. "Every item song that becomes a hit...at that point of time you feel it is the best item song ever. I don't know which is the best. I used to feel 'Munni' was the best item song...'Chikni Chameli' is also very good," she said.

----

Well enough, meri rani!
Back to top Go down
Kassy Maharani
Admin
Admin
Kassy Maharani

PostSubject: Re: Kajol News   Kajol News - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 27 2012, 16:43

Genelia D'Souza Wants To Be Like Kajol

http://www.bollywoodlife.com/news-gossip/genelia-d%E2%80%99souza-wants-to-be-like-kajol/

The soon-to-be Mrs Riteish Deshmukh is the latest in the list of to-be-bahus who wants to ensure that she doesn’t lead a domesticated life as a housewife after marriage

Apart from the many changes in Bollywood, one big positive move has been that married leading ladies are no more relegated to doing household chores and changing nappies. In fact, they are welcomed back to B-town’s arc lights with open arms. At least that’s what it looks like when we hear that filmmakers are still eager to sign up Kajol, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan and Lara Dutta despite their marital and Mommy status. Now Genelia D’Souza wants to hop on to the wagon of working married ladies in tinselville with her marriage to Riteish Deshmukh next week. Recently, during the promotions of her latest film Tere Naal Love Ho Gaya, she was asked if she would stop working after becoming Mrs Deshmukh.

“Work will continue. It won’t be at the same pace and priorities will change,” said Genelia and added, “My idol is Kajol. I think she has managed both her personal and professional life beautifully. Also, we are born on the same date (August 5), so I hope our lives turn out similarly.” And when the Force actor was asked if marriage would lead to any other change in her, she immediately shot back with, “I don’t understand why people change after marriage. I hope I can stay the same. I love being fun and bubbly.” We wish so too, Gen! Also, ‘coz she will be the wife of one of the funniest men in Bollywood and has to match steps with him, so a giggle or two is always gonna be welcome!
Back to top Go down
Kassy Maharani
Admin
Admin
Kassy Maharani

PostSubject: Re: Kajol News   Kajol News - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 27 2012, 16:44

I'm Glowing Because of My Kids: Kajol

http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2012-01-20/news-interviews/30646764_1_actress-kajol-filmfare-award-guest-appearance

Actress Kajol, last seen in " Toonpur Ka Superhero", says she is extremely happy with the way her life has shaped up and the doting mother of two can't stop gushing about her kids.

"I am having a blast, I am having a great time, a fabulous time with my life right now. I have two wonderful kids, I am enjoying myself thoroughly. I am glowing because I am spending so much time with my kids," the 37-year-old said here while launching a bag store, Malaga Bespoke.

The actress admits she is not considering any new projects for the time being, but hopes to be part of a good project in the near future.

"I hope so (to do a film)... but only when the right time comes, when the right offer comes, not before that," said Kajol, who won the Filmfare award for best actress for her film "My Name Is Khan" in 2010.

Kajol recently lent her voice for Karan Johar's "Koochie Koochie Hota Hai", an animated version of her 1998 film "Kuch Kuch Hota Hai". She will also be seen in a guest appearance in Johar and Shah Rukh Khan's co-production "Student Of The Year".
Back to top Go down
Kassy Maharani
Admin
Admin
Kassy Maharani

PostSubject: Re: Kajol News   Kajol News - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 27 2012, 16:47

Genelia Idolises Sultry Kajol

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/genelia-dsouza-bollywood-beauties-genelias-favorite-actor-kajol/1/170156.html

Genelia D'Souza wants to follow in the footsteps of Bolly beauties such as Kajol and Aishwarya Rai Bachchan. Both had taken a break from films after their marriage but made a comeback in due time.

After marriage Genelia wants to keep acting. She said: "I will always be the same after marriage like I am now. I am inspired by Kajol, she is my favorite and I want to follow in her footsteps." Genelia shares her birthday with Kajol. Reason all the more.
Back to top Go down
Kassy Maharani
Admin
Admin
Kassy Maharani

PostSubject: Re: Kajol News   Kajol News - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 27 2012, 16:48

Kajol Happy

http://bollyspice.com/36646/kajol-happy

As we become consumed by the current award season we cannot help but notice some of our favorite stars missing from the red carpets. For example, Kajol Devgn may not have been on screens this year but the actress reveals that she is extremely happy playing the role of a doting mother of two in her personal life only.

While launching the bag store, Malaga Bespoke, the 37-year-old said “I am having a blast, I am having a great time, a fabulous time with my life right now. I have two wonderful kids, I am enjoying myself thoroughly. I am glowing because I am spending so much time with my kids.”

Kajol was last seen along side her husband Ajay Devgn in the film Toonpur Ka Superhero but many fans are left wondering when they can see their favorite star on screen again. While she confirmed that she currently not considering any new projects for the time being she has not written off the possibility of taking on a project in the near future.

The DDLJ star, who last one an award for best actress in the hit My Name is Khan said, “I hope so (to do a film)… but only when the right time comes, when the right offer comes, not before that.”

While we wait to see her take on a major role we can expect to see her in a special appearance in the Karan Johar and Shah Rukh Khan co-production Student Of The Year. Her voice will also be present in the animated remake of her 1998 Kuch Kuch Hota Hai, titled Koochie Koochie Hota Hai. Like many others we hope that we won’t have to wait too much longer for her return.
Back to top Go down
Kassy Maharani
Admin
Admin
Kassy Maharani

PostSubject: Re: Kajol News   Kajol News - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 27 2012, 16:49

I Hope To Be Seen On TV

http://www.deccanchronicle.com/channels/showbiz/tv-guide/i-hope-be-seen-tv-426

It must have been something special, because it’s been over a year since Kajol stepped out into limelight. Kajol attended the launch of her designer friend Malini Agarwalla’s line of accessories at a plush Mumbai store recently. Kajol went public after a year since she appeared in My Name is Khan and We are Family in 2010. Kajol has never been a fashionista, always coasting on her histrionic talents alone. Yet, the actress and mother of two looked gorgeous in a cream, layered, off-shoulder tunic and jeans. The exotic trinkets enhanced her look. Kajol explained her presence at a fashion-related event, saying: “I have always really, really liked Malini’s work; I carry a lot of her bags; and that is why I am here today.”

Asked about her unusual bejewelled look, Kajol sprang a surprise on us, saying, “I love jewellery. I do, I actually do.” Kajol revealed that the best jewellery gift that she has received is the ring that her great grandmother gave her. And she wears it constantly, everywhere.

Speaking on the acting front, the actress bluntly said: “I have nothing in the pipeline as far as films are concerned. I have two wonderful kids. And I am enjoying myself thoroughly. I am glowing because I am spending so much time with my kids.” But, fortunately for her fans, the beautiful mother within the actress has not led her to forsake her profession entirely. “I hope to be seen on a television show,” she states. “But it will happen when the right time comes.” Kajol adds.
Back to top Go down
Kassy Maharani
Admin
Admin
Kassy Maharani

PostSubject: Re: Kajol News   Kajol News - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 27 2012, 16:52

Ajay Devgan's Meeting With God!

http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2012-01-27/news-interviews/30667150_1_ajay-devgn-gurudwara-god

The actor who is busy shooting for Son of Sardar had some quiet family time recently, as he visited the Gurudwara with his entire family.

Ajay Devgn, along with his family - wife Kajol, kids and parents, visited his place of worship, the Gurudwara. It is known that Ajay Devgn enjoys these quiet times with family, and is a believer of God.

The actor, however, doesn't wish to comment on his very private moments and says that he has enough and more to thank God for.

Ajay Devgn's next release is Priyadashan's 'Tezz' that's all set to hit the screens soon. However, his visit to the Gurudwara was more personal than professional, we hear.
Back to top Go down
Kassy Maharani
Admin
Admin
Kassy Maharani

PostSubject: Re: Kajol News   Kajol News - Page 5 EmptyFri May 04 2012, 23:11

Shah Rukh Khan-Kajol To Come Together For KJo's Next?

http://daily.bhaskar.com/article/ENT-shah-rukh-khan-kajol-to-come-together-for-kjos-next-3214091.html

Yeah, you read that right. The much awaited reunion of two of the biggest Bollywood stars and perhaps the most loved couple of Indian cinema- Shah Rukh and Kajol might happen soon now and that too in filmmaker Karan Johar's next production.

Rumour mills are rife that SRK and Kajol will join hands and sizzle on the 70 mm yet again for friend Karan Johar. Reportedly, Karan Johar might announce his next film next by the end of 2012 and most probably, he'll cast his favourite duo- SRK and Kajol.

The fans of the talented duo can't wait to see the magic of romance the stars are famous for creating. And, apparently if things fall in place then, KJo might start shooting for his film by 2013.

-----

Could never say no to another SRKajol, no matter how much I want her to branch out more.
Back to top Go down
Kassy Maharani
Admin
Admin
Kassy Maharani

PostSubject: Re: Kajol News   Kajol News - Page 5 EmptySat May 05 2012, 16:48

Ishaqzaade To Meet Its Fate On May 11

http://www.internationalreporter.com/News-13207/ishaqzaade-to-meet-its-fate-on-may-11.html

Starring two newcomers Arjun Kapoor and Parineeti Chopra, Ishaqzaade is already in news following the chemistry that the two share on screen. The movie releases on May 11. Arjun Kapoor, son of Boney Kapoor and nephew of Anil Kapoor is keeping his first step in the industry, and what better opening could he have asked for. With the kind of names attached to it, Ishaqzaade could have been any newcomers dream, as it seems to have everything going it the right place. Produced and marketed by Yash Raj Films, directed by Habib Faisal, music by Amit Trivedi and cinematographed by Hemant Chaturvedi; we all are expecting a well-written and directed film with some good music in it.
Starring opposite Arjun Kapoor is Parineeti Chopra (Priyanka Chopra’s cousin), whom we all have seen and appreciated in “Ladies Vs Ricky Behl”. From the trailers of Ishaqzaade it can be seen that the two share an impeccable chemistry together. It is really exciting the way in which the two deal with each other, whether in terms of exchanging the expletives, in brandishing the guns, or in being involved in a chase. Expectations from the two are so high that people are wishing that the duo creates the same magic that Shahrukh Khan and Kajol had in DDLJ and that Anushka and Ranveer made in Band Baja Baraat. Well, we will have to wait and watch to see if that happens. It’s review would be out on May 10 by late eve.
Back to top Go down
Kassy Maharani
Admin
Admin
Kassy Maharani

PostSubject: Re: Kajol News   Kajol News - Page 5 EmptySat May 05 2012, 16:49

My Name Is Khan Telecasted In London

http://www.supergoodmovies.com/44185/bollywood/my-name-is-khan-telecasted-in-london-news-details

My Name is Khan a film directed by one of the best directors of Indian Cinema- Karan Johar. An Indian Drama film released in 2010 under Dharma Productions and Red Chillies Entertainment. With star studded actors like Shahrukh Khan, Kajol, Jimy Shergill and many others, the movie turned the impression of Indian cinema not only in Asian countries but also worldwide.

The movie’s distribution rights were brought by Fox Star Entertainment. The story was put together very well by Karan Johar and Shibani Bhatija and the rest was carried on by the actors. My Name is Khan created a great deal of publicity for itself even before it got released.

After more than 2 years, the movie is still making lots of noise in the International market. Due to the huge success of the movie, it was recently telecasted in London on Channel 4 at 12.20am. The movie was liked so much that the name of the movie started Trending on Twitter. People have been tweeting their thoughts and views about the movie since then. The movie received great response from the audience in London. My Name is Khan is one of the movies which was successful in spreading love across the globe.
Back to top Go down
Kassy Maharani
Admin
Admin
Kassy Maharani

PostSubject: Re: Kajol News   Kajol News - Page 5 EmptySun May 06 2012, 17:34

SRK, Kajol To Reunite

http://www.deccanchronicle.com/channels/showbiz/bollywood/srk-kajol-reunite-170

Undoubtedly, they are one of the most memorable couples to ever grace the big screen, and films like Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge, Kuch Kuch Hota Hai, Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham and My Name Is Khan have traced their evolving chemistry. And after much speculation on the subject, we can now tell you that Shah Rukh Khan and Kajol will be reuniting for a new project being helmed by — no surprises here — Karan Johar.

It seems that KJo managed to get the stars to come together for a project after much persuasion. The film-maker, back in India after an extended shoot schedule in Thailand for his Student Of The Year, met up with his favourite actors to discuss the project. “A detailed meeting is still to take place regarding their roles and dates,” cautions an aide close to Karan. “But Karan did give Kajol and SRK a narration as soon as he returned to India.” If all goes well, work on the film should start by the end of the year.

A source close to Kajol said that both she and SRK had consciously refrained from doing too many films together. “They are aware of the impact they create whenever they come together. And that’s exactly what they didn’t want to over expose,” our source disclosed. “As a pair, SRK and Kajol have been available only for Yash and Aditya Chopra and Karan Johar.”
Back to top Go down
Kassy Maharani
Admin
Admin
Kassy Maharani

PostSubject: Re: Kajol News   Kajol News - Page 5 EmptyTue May 08 2012, 17:40

SRK-Kajol pair to sizzle again

http://www.thehimalayantimes.com/fullNews.php?headline=SRK-Kajol+pair+to+sizzle+again&NewsID=331141

MUMBAI: Latest buzz in the Bollywood film industry says Shah Rukh Khan and Kajol will romance on screen in Karan Johar’s next project.

SRK and Kajol last came together in 2010 in My Name Is Khan. The movie had a social message. But, this time, Johar has decided to do a romantic movie. SRK and Kajol are well known as the most loved couple in Bollywood Town.

Johar is currently very busy with the movie Student of the Year. He has wrapped up the schedules in Thailand for the movie and he is back in Mumbai.

Johar works on only one picture at a time. He has not yet announced his next project but it will be most probably with SRK. The film will be announced at the end of this year and the shooting would start before early next year.
Back to top Go down
Kassy Maharani
Admin
Admin
Kassy Maharani

PostSubject: Re: Kajol News   Kajol News - Page 5 EmptyTue May 08 2012, 17:47

No Plastics For Parineeti

http://www.deccanchronicle.com/channels/showbiz/bollywood/no-plastics-parineeti-222

There’s nothing artificial about Parineeti Chopra. From being a complete natural in front of the camera to her nonchalant attitude towards a newfound stardom, the younger Chopra is a breath of fresh air.

In fact, people are even comparing her to what Kajol used to be when she was new in the industry— at that time she was the only one who was least bothered about maintaining a perfect figure and wearing the apt makeup. But Parineeti is not encouraging such talks. “Please don’t compare me with the stalwarts of the industry. But I agree that I am very comfortable with the way I look,” she says.

Parineeti maintains that she will never go under the knife to “improve” upon her looks. “I know the importance of looking good in a visual medium like ours. But for me my work is more important than my looks. If I am a bad actress then my looks won’t save me from a downfall,” she says. Mature beyond her years. We like!

Is Ajay being complacent?
Hollywood cannot be taken for granted anymore as Ajay Devgn found out the hard way after his film Tezz got stampeded by Avengers. But this could well be only the beginning of his worries as his next mega-release Bol Bachchan will be clashing with yet another much awaited Hollywood flick — The Amazing Spiderman.

However, those associated with Bol Bachchan, including Ajay, feel that their film has enough steam to hold its own. “The duo of Ajay Devgn and Rohit Shetty is a huge franchise in itself that has rolled out back-to-back blockbusters such as the Golmaal series, All The Best and Singham. So I don’t think they should feel threatened by an English release,” says an actor who has closely worked with them.

But considering the fate of Tezz, can Ajay afford to be complacent? “Even Ajay must have known in his heart that films like Tezz and Rascals lacked the content to be successful. But Bol Bachchan is a different story altogether. It’s a huge film, and expect him to fire back all the way,” says a veteran filmmaker.
Will Ajay turn out to be the real avenger? Let’s wait and watch.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kajol News   Kajol News - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Kajol News
Page 5 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next